I’m Alisa and this is my little spot on the world-wide web. Here are some random things about me that you may or may not have known.
- I majored in fashion design. This is something you would likely never guess from seeing me in my life role now. Or maybe ever. But I can sew and I made my own wedding dress. Oh, and I loved the movie, Pretty In Pink, more due to the fashion-design aspect than any other reason. So now I do what Andi did in the movie–fashion new things out of old things, but mostly for my daughter.
- I used to hate the color orange. Now it’s my favorite. Pretty much anything citrusy in color is a piece of happy to me.
- I love mid-century modern furniture and homes. I attribute this to my parents’ love for Scandinavian design before it was cool. However, my home will forever be eclectic (if that’s a decorating style.) (Oh, and I often wish I would have thought more practically and gone for interior design instead of fashion. Much translates though, so it’s all good.)
- I’m from the Midwest and live in the Midwest now, but I spent 15 years in the South–Athens, GA, to be exact–and it has made a big impression on me. To share that part of me in everyday life, you will hear “y’all” come out of my mouth quite often. And when I say “all y’all”, people even think I’m from the South.
- I homeschool my kids. And I enjoy it most of the time. I love the classical model, but we tend to be more of an eclectic mix of various models and learning styles because that is what works for us. I don’t like being confined by a box.
- I am without a doubt a dominant right-brained person. I generally have about an undetermined number of tabs open in my brain. I’m emotional and work hard to subdue my dramatic tendencies. As a pre-schooler, my aunt called me “Sarah Bernhardt” more than once. (She was a silent movie actress in case you didn’t know.)
- My husband is left-brained dominant person. He needs processing time and says exactly what he thinks, nothing more or less. (While I read that to be much more.) I like to think we keep each other in check and balanced for the most part. And the other times we just drive the other person bonkers.
- I love being active in my and my family’s journey to wellness. I am passionate about learning more and sharing with other. Relationships are my most valuable assets and one-on-one or one-on-three or four time with friends is my favorite.