All of you oily families out there! Tell me. Do you really have just one favorite? Of course not. But you have several that you could narrow it down to if you were pressed. For me, one of those would be lemon. When it isn’t on my monthly order, something is askew.
It’s diverse in use–after my morning water always comes my lemon water. It supports the skin, digestion, the urinary tract, and the immune and circulatory systems and helps control the munchies and brings focus and clarity–and it’s a great addition to toxin-free cleaning! If you’ve been curious about essential oils, but unsure where to start, lemon essential oil is a great choice.
Did you know . . .
- it takes 75 lemons to make one bottle of lemon essential oil?
- Young Living lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the rind of the lemon and its largest constituent is limonene?
- diffusing it helps with accuracy and concentration and boosting your mood–and your home smells like the cleaning lady came?
- a drop in water can support your immune and urinary systems and help curb the munchies?
- that it destroys petrochemicals in and out of our bodies?
- (therefore) to use glass when you add it to water?
- because of the way essential oils work, it’s great for both dry and oily skin?
- a drop or two is great for getting that stubborn sticky stuff off of the counter, a jar, the floor, or pretty much anything?
- when you add a drop of lemon essential oil and splash of white vinegar to a sink of water that you have a great DIY fruit and veggie soak?
- that when applied topically you should use caution in the sun?
- that it makes a fabulous addition to hummus and lemonade? Just be sure to store in a glass or stoneware bowl or pitcher.
My friend, Annie, agreed to share her recipe for Lemon Sugar Scrub that she uses regularly in her skin care routine.