It was so much fun! Really. Even the adults enjoyed it.
Each one of these children at this party is such a special kiddo. I love them all. Some I know better than others, but I am just so happy that *these* kids are my son’s friends. Which is why I shared a bit of everyone in the photos.
- Upon arrival, each guest got a hat, bandanna, and a badge with their name.
- The first game was the shooting range. Water guns and plastic cups. Hubby did an awesome job on the set-up. Mr. Detail is his name.
- Drop the Snake in the Boot wasn’t a big hit with most, but The Girly liked it. And everyone did like the rubber snakes.
- Lasso Practice was next. Mr. Detail did some internet research on lassoing and was a great teacher and assistant. The main problem was the rope. It was too soft. But a real lasso runs $50 and up, so we made do.
- Finally Panning for Gold. Originally I was going to get one of those hard plastic wading pools. But they are difficult to find and I didn’t want to spend the money. So I decided I’d just put the “gold”–which was just spray painted rocks–in the creek at the edge. Huge hit! We kept putting it back so they could pan more.
- After they found their gold, they turned it in at the Trading Post for their loot. Along with a cowboy-themed yo-yo, gold chocolate coins, and a magnetic shavings cowboy face, we included Cow Patties (no-bake cookies) and Rattlesnake Eggs (Speckled Easter Egg-shaped bubble gum).
- Then it was time for cowboy grub–hot dogs (nitrate-free from Trader Joe’s–yummy!), baked beans, apple slices, carrot and celery sticks and tortilla chips with Rice Krispie treats with chocolate ice cream.
NOTE: These ideas were not my own. I had a lot of fun reading this blog and personalizing her ideas.